Wednesday, October 03, 2007

NFL Predictions-Week 5

After another crazy week in the NFL, it looks like my call of the Cardinals over the Steelers really paid off as I ended up staying on top this week, with several only one game behind me. After an 8-6 week, I rose above .500 at 32-30. Now on to the predictions:

The only easy picks this week are Dallas over Buffalo in the Monday Night Football game, Indy at home over Tampa Bay, and Green Bay at home over the mightily struggling Bears in the Sunday Night Football game. The Bucs aren't as bad as they have been in the past and actually boast a 3-1 record, but I really don't see them having much of a chance in Indy against the Colts. The SNF game will be a big game and don't expect the Bears to roll over for the Packers. This game will be played with a ton of emotion and pride, but I see the Bears making too many mistakes against a very deadly team.

A rested Tennessee will walk all over the Falcons and the Jags, coming off their bye week as well, have had plenty of time to prepare for a still rather confused Chiefs team. Fantasy owners with Maurice Jones-Drew should look for a big breakout game by the running back and a big Jaguar win.

Arizona comes out of the upset over the Steelers with a lot of confidence and an idea that they can win again, as they travel to the beaten up Rams. The Rams won't play dead for the Cardinals, but I don't think they will have what it takes to pull out the win either. I'll take the Cardinals. New England over the Browns was an easy pick for me originally, but the more I think about it, the more I see the upset possibility. This game will all depend on which Cleveland Browns team shows up this Sunday, and could really test the Patriots for the first time this year. Had the game been held in Cleveland, I would pick the Browns as my upset special, but in New England, I'll stick with the Pats.

In both the Carolina at New Orleans and Jets at Giants games, an inconsistent but potentially tough team (Panthers and Giants) faces a team that has had it rough all year (Saints and Jets). Both the Saints and Jets are looking to come back from tough starts, and I think the Saints, coming off the bye week with time to regroup, will. I'll take the Saints over Panthers, but Giants over Jets.

I'll take the Texans over the Dolphins, not because of how unstoppable the Texans have become, but because of how stoppable the Dolphins are.

Detroit will travel to Washington and prove just how much of a contender in the NFC they are, and Pittsburgh will take on a tough Seattle team at home. I'll take Detroit and Pittsburgh, but the Steelers-Seahawks game will be the one to watch of the early afternoon games.

The San Diego Chargers are not the team they were last season and they really need to figure out what is going on before it becomes too late. It's not too late yet, but in a tough AFC, it may come sooner than one might think. Denver is looking for revenge after a loss to the Colts this Sunday and travel home to face the Chargers. The Broncos will get that revenge. Look for an ugly, one-sided game and a big Broncos win.

Baltimore was embarrassed by their loss to the Browns this Sunday and will take it out on an overrated and confused 49ers team. San Francisco won't just hand the game to the Ravens, but Baltimore will pull out the win in the fourth quarter. So those are my picks, keep yours coming. You have nothing to lose and an iTunes gift card to gain. Bring it.

No comments: