Sunday, April 23, 2006

Since when was diversity an issue in baseball?

So baseball is not diverse enough, apparently. Oh bloody hell. Looking at all pro sports, baseball is the most diverse. And apparently baseball doesn't have enough black pitchers. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of hearing about certain workplaces/schools not being diverse enough. Whatever happened to simply choosing the best person for the job? Especially in baseball, or any other pro sport, I really don't think that race has anything to do with it. You simply have to be the best. Period. You can be black, white, asian, latino, anything, and if you are the best, you get the job.

This may simply be a rumor, but I still don't care for Jeffery Loria, and I have no idea why he was allowed to own another baseball team. The article pretty much says it all, so I'm not going to add to it.

No comments: